Showing posts from January, 2013

SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK

This is a followup post related to this issue. I have proposed a solution to this problem in a previous post . In short the solution was to download a certificate file from Mozilla and add this information to $CURL_OPTS array in base_facebook.php file. Today I have found this blog post suggesting using this certificate file. Either one should work. The second point I want to make is this. Previously I suggested appending CURLOPT_CAINFO to $CURL_OPTS array in base_facebook.php file. Now I think it will be better if I change the location information from my client code and not touch facebook.php library code. Here is how I did it: In my client code: require 'Facebook/src/facebook.php'; $facebook = new Facebook(array( 'appId' => 'some app id', 'secret' => 'some secret', 'cookie' => true, )); $facebook::$CURL_OPTS[CURLOPT_CAINFO]='path_to_certificate_file/cacert.pem&#